Each purchase of the Bookly item includes access to any future updates released by the Bookly team.
Whether you update Bookly products manually or automatically, we recommend that you backup your website before making any update. Read more about WordPress backups here.
There are two ways to update your Bookly items:
1. Built-in Updater Tool:
- This option is available for users with an active item support subscription for Bookly Pro.
- For a smooth update experience, go to the Plugins section in your WordPress Dashboard. Check for notifications when updates are available. Follow the prompts to update.
2. Using FTP:
If your item support subscription has expired, you can still access new versions on CodeCanyon and update Bookly items manually through FTP.
Follow these steps for a manual update:
- Download the latest versions of Bookly items from CodeCanyon.
- Deactivate the plugins you're going to update.
- Unzip the downloaded archives.
- Via FTP client, upload folders with add-ons to their respective directories (e.g., Bookly Pro add-on > bookly-addon-pro) on your server, into the folders wp-content/plugins/.
- Activate Bookly Pro (Add-on) and other updated add-ons in the Plugins section of your WordPress admin panel.
If you still use Bookly version 15.2 and below, please be aware that an update will include the migrator. This tool is designed to assist with the migration process to the new Bookly 16.0, which features a new architecture.
While we thoroughly test our code before any update, we cannot guarantee that there won't be any issues in your installation due to the interactions with other plugins. According to the rules of the Envato marketplace, technical assistance is available only during the item support period. If you haven't updated Bookly for a long time, before downloading the latest version, we recommend checking your support period for Bookly Pro and extending it if necessary. This will enable us to provide prompt support and a quick fix if needed.