There are 10+ online payment options that you can choose from and enable for your Bookly Pro plugin. Once you’ve purchased, installed and activated the necessary payment gateway add-on, navigate to Settings > Payments and enter your credentials.
The offline payment option is also to be enabled here.
As of Nov 2018, Bookly Pro supports the following payment systems:
- PayPal Express Checkout (as part of the Bookly Pro plugin. Please note that this method is deprecated as of January 1, 2017 and no longer serviced by PayPal for new customers.)
- PayPal Standard Checkout (as an add-on to Bookly Pro)
- PayPal Checkout (as an add-on to Bookly Pro)
- Stripe (as an add-on to Bookly Pro)
- Authorize.net, incl. Akamai (as an add-on to Bookly Pro)
- Mollie, incl. iDEAL (as an add-on to Bookly Pro)
- Payson (as an add-on to Bookly Pro)
- PayU Latam (as an add-on to Bookly Pro)
- 2checkout (as an add-on to Bookly Pro)
- PayUbiz (as an add-on to Bookly Pro)
You can set the order for payment options display on the front-end (Payment step in a booking form). Go to Bookly menu > Settings > Payments and simply drag the sandwich icon to move the payment option up or down the list.
PayPal Express Checkout
This option is available with the Bookly Pro add-on.
To set up integration, do the following:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Go to your profile settings, select My selling tools > click Update next to API Access.
3. Click Manage API credentials, copy API Username, API Password and Signature. Paste them in the relevant fields in Settings > Payments > PayPal Express Checkout.
WooCommerce (the set-up is more complex than for all other payment systems)
It will work in a similar way as the Bookly Cart option, with one big difference: WooCommerce will be adding the Bookly items to an already existing WooCommerce cart, which means that your customers will be re-directed away from your site to WooCommerce, and they will be able to purchase items from Bookly and from WooCommerce in one session.
Customers will be able to cancel their appointments purchased through WooCommerce just as easily as they do with usual appointments – by clicking on the link in their confirmation email.
Set Up Integration
1. Install the WooCommerce plugin and activate it.
2. Create a random product within the WooCommerce plugin:
Bookly+WooCommerce integration works by replacing that WooCommerce product with the Bookly service that has been selected by the customer. That’s why you’ll need to create a random product with a random price in your WooCommerce plugin. It doesn’t have to be relevant to your company – your customers will never even see it because it will be automatically replaced in the cart with the item they’ve selected from your services.
3. In Bookly menu > Settings > WooCommerce, make sure that ‘WooCommerce’ is enabled.
4. On that same page, select the product that you created in Step 1 from the Booking Product drop-down menu.
5. Edit Cart Item Data title (should be something generic that will work with all of your services) and data (basic Bookly tags are already there in the form).
These generic title and description are what will appear in the WooCommerce cart. Besides cart item data Bookly passes address and account fields into WooCommerce if you collect them in your booking form.
Once you have enabled the WooCommerce option in Bookly Pro, the built-in payment methods will no longer work. All your customers will be redirected to the WooCommerce cart instead of the standard payment step.
Important: WooCommerce integration will not function with the Bookly cart feature enabled. If you have installed the Cart add-on, please disable the Cart step (Bookly menu > Appearance) to be able to use WooCommerce as an integral part of your Bookly Pro plugin.
Deposit Payments Add-on – divide payment into two instalments.
GOOD TO KNOW
Coupons add-on – a deduction in absolute numbers or a percentage of appointment's price.