WordPress accounts tied to your site will give staff access to the company's dashboard (stripped-down version of).
1. Create WordPress accounts for staff in the WordPress sidebar menu > Users.
2. Choose role (level of access) for each new account:
- Subscriber – doesn't see actual data values in any of the dashboard sections;
- Contributor, Author, or Editor – can only view and edit appointments in calendar that belong to the staff member associated with that WordPress user. Can also edit their own personal info as a staff member;
- Admin – full access to WP Dashboard;
- Bookly Supervisor – your staff under this role will manage Calendar, Appointments, Profile, Customers and Payments menus;
- Bookly Administrator – full access to Bookly.
Alternatively, you can select Create WordPress user from the 'User' drop-down when you add an employee in the Staff Members section.
Select what role will be assigned to newly created WordPress user accounts for staff in Settings > User Permissions > New staff account role.
3. In Staff Members > [a staff member], pick the WordPress user from the 'User' drop-down menu.
WP user details (login & password) can be sent automatically in the email or SMS notification – type New staff member's WordPress user login details.
To modify user roles and capabilities, you can use a third-party plugin, for example – https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/ or https://wordpress.org/plugins/capability-manager-enhanced/. Create a capability named as manage_bookly_appointments and add this capability to Editor role and then your editors will able to manage bookings.
If you do not want your staff members to make changes to their profile, disable this setting in Settings > General > Allow staff members to edit their profiles.
If you want to give full access to Bookly, though not to the whole WP dashboard, you’ll need to use some third-party plugins. It will work only for the back-end. You can check this one https://adminmenueditor.com/
For more information about WordPress user roles, see this link https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities
DEMO VIDEO TUTORIALS MAIN BOOKLY SETTINGS FAQ ADD-ONS
Notifications – let staff know about incoming appointments and let them approve/cancel them right from the email.
Google Calendar sync – automatically add new appointments to Google Calendar; keep busy periods from being booked as appointments.