Google calendar sync will allow for all new bookings created in the plugin to be copied to your Google calendar. When Google calendar sync is enabled, all primary info will be copied from the Bookly calendar to Google calendar, including custom fields data.
With that synchronization enabled, you will also be able to set up the synchronization of individual team members' calendars from Bookly to their Google calendars.
If needed, you can also make sure that Bookly fetches blocked time slots from your Google calendar. Those time slots will not be suggested to the customer during the booking process.
We recommend that you limit the number of fetched events related to this feature as too many events in Google calendar may lead to a lack of memory in PHP when Bookly tries to fetch all events.
See this video tutorial to learn how to sync Bookly with Google Calendar.
Follow these steps to perform the synchronization:
Open the Settings tab in the Bookly menu and select the Google Calendar sub tab. Insert your Client ID and Client secret.
To find your client ID and client secret, do the following:
1. Go to the Google Developers Console;
2. Select a project or create a new one;
3. You have to make sure that a Calendar API is enabled. Click on APIs and Services (on the left), look for Google Calendar API and enable it;
4. You will then be asked to fill in your credentials via a button, but we recommend that you do it from the sidebar on the left: click on Credentials, then 'Create Credentials' on the main screen, and choose 'OAuth client ID' from the menu:
5. You will then be asked to go to the Consent Screen – do that, and fill in the project's name. Then go back to Credentials;
6. Go back to the Credentials tab, click on Create credentials and select OAuth client ID in a dropdown list. Select Web application and fill in the details:
for Authorized redirect URIs, enter the Redirect URI that you’ll find in Bookly’s Settings,
Now click on 'Create';
7. In a pop-up window, you’ll see your client ID and client secret. Use them to fill up the form in Bookly settings. Click Save;
8. Go to Staff Members, select one staff member, and click on "Connect" button, which is located in the lower part of the page;
The following video explains how to find the Google Calendar ID:
Finally, log in to your Google account and give the permission for plugin to access your Google Calendar.
For current users, if experiencing syncing issues after adding new staff members:
Go to Bookly Settings > Google Calendar > Redirect URI. Copy the updated link and paste it in your Google API Console > Credentials > Web Application > Authorized Redirect URIs.
You did it in the past, and as the URI may change with regular updates of the plugin, you will occasionally need to tell Google API what new URI to authorize.
Doing this will most likely solve the sync issue. If it persists, please let us know at email@example.com.