Important: All add-ons for Bookly require Bookly PRO installed and activated.
The Service Extras (Add-on) allows you to offer extra services, goods, or options to tweak the service (e.g. with more special and/or more expensive tools). You can purchase it here.
An extra purchased by a customer may affect the price and the length of the appointment, but cannot be provided separately from the main appointment booked by the customer.
User experience of the booking won't change much, as the focus of the booking is still on the main appointment. There will be a new step added to the booking process though: a new step #2.
Right after a customer has selected a necessary service, they will be offered to choose additional extras if available. Only after choosing (or not) extras, they will be asked to pick a time slot for the appointment.
This screenshot displays the booking form with Bookly Cart (Add-on) installed and activated
1. Purchase the Service Extras (Add-on). Download, install and activate it as a new plugin.
2. In Bookly menu > Appearance, make sure that the box next to the 'Show Extras step' is checked.
3. In Services, open each of the services you'd like to add extras to (click > tab), upload a simple image for each of the extras, determine their prices and, if necessary, duration.
4. You can choose when the Extras step will be displayed in your front-end booking form. Go to Settings > Service Extras > After Service step or After Time step.
5. Configure the appearance of the Extras step according to your requirements.
Go to Appearance > 2. Extras tab and use the checkboxes to choose which elements should be viewable on this step.
For booked appointments, all extras a customer has booked along with the main service will be shown in the appointments list and in the appointment edit window #2 (the one you open by clicking on the user name).
Information about booked extras is also viewable in the payment details.
If you use Cart (Add-on), you can enable/disable the option of displaying booked extras in a Cart in Appearance > Cart step > Show extras.
Service Extras with Group Bookings
If you use Group Booking (Add-on), you’ll see an additional setting for the quantity of extra items for group bookings in Bookly menu > Settings > Service Extras. Enable it if you want to multiply extras by number of persons.
Try this demo (both front-end and backend versions) to get a better understanding of how Service Extras (Add-on) works.
This video tutorial will show you how to create and add extra items to your services in Bookly.