Important: Please note that calculated amounts of taxes using the Bookly Taxes Add-on are estimative and depending on your business specifics, or tax legislation, there may occur inaccuracies or discrepancies with your tax liabilities. We recommend consulting with your tax or accounting advisors.
Depending on the country you live in you might require to charge taxes according to your state tax laws and rules, and then include them in accounting reports.
With Bookly Taxes Add-on enabled, you’ll be able to set up different tax rates and apply them to your services and products. Bookly will calculate taxes based on your settings and display them accordingly in the cart summary.
Setup and configuration
1. Purchase, download and activate Taxes add-on in Plugins.
2. In Settings > Payments > Price settings and display, determine whether you will enter prices inclusive or exclusive of tax (in some countries, the tax will be added to the cost at the checkout, and in others – the price includes tax which can be then calculated from the total cost):
- Include taxes – if the prices for your services include taxes. Tax amount will be calculated with this formula: tax_amount = price - ( price / ( ( tax_rate_% / 100 ) + 1 ) );
- Exclude taxes – if the prices for your services do not include taxes. Tax amount will be calculated with this formula: tax_amount = price * ( tax_rate_% / 100 ).
3. Go to Taxes on the left menu. Click Add Tax button to set up a tax.
- Title – tax name which will be displayed in the list of all taxes available.
- Rate – tax percentage of the total order amount.
4. To apply a tax on the service, go to Services > [service] > Taxation and select one (or several) taxes from the drop-down list.
5. You can send information about taxes to your payment gateway. Go to Bookly menu > Settings > Payments, select the payment gateway you use and choose Yes/No in the Send tax information dropdown.
Note: Currently, Stripe, Mollie and Payson payment gateways do not support tax reporting.
Integration of Taxes add-on with other add-ons for Bookly
Taxes and Coupons
Promo codes reduce the cost of services, so taxes will be calculated after applying all discounts separately for each service (because you can apply different taxes to different services). If the coupon is valid for the entire order, the cost of all services is reduced by the specified percentage. If the discount is set up in absolute values (fixed amount off, e.g., $10 off), it will be converted into percents and then deducted from each order item with the subsequent recalculation of the tax.
Taxes and Group Discount (Customer Groups)
Group discount allows reducing the total price by specified percentage or value. Thus group discount will be processed in the same way as the coupons.
Taxes and Deposit Payments
When calculating a deposit, the cost of the service will be multiplied by the deposit value, and then, depending on the price settings and display (inclusive or exclusive tax value in the final price), the tax amount will be calculated (extracted or added to the deposit).
Taxes and Payment gateways
Note: If you use price correction to raise the service cost according to the payment gateway used (Bookly menu > Settings > Payments > [payment gateway] > Price correction), tax will not be calculated for the additional amount to the cost. If you need to report the exact tax amount to the payment system, do not use additional charge.
Taxes and Cart
Go to Bookly menu > Settings > Cart and make sure you’ve checked the Tax column so that this information will be displayed in the cart summary right before the booking confirmation.
Bookly Taxes add-on is available for purchase here.
Try this demo to get a better understanding of how the Bookly Taxes add-on works.
If you wish you can join a community of translators who help us in Bookly localization. Join translation of Bookly and help us become closer and speak with you in your native language. Read more here.
Coupons Add-on – create and manage promo codes to boost sales.
Deposit Payments Add-on – set up a deposit amount to be paid at the time of booking.