Important: All add-ons for Bookly require Bookly PRO installed and activated.
Bookly Group Booking (Add-on) allows you to accept group bookings for the same service at the same time. Let customers specify the number of persons they’d like to book for when they choose a service at the first step of the booking process.
Get the Group Booking (Add-on) here.
This screenshot displays the booking form with Bookly Cart (Add-on) installed and activated
The group booking will be displayed in Bookly Calendar as one appointment and include the details of all signed-up customers.
If the appointment is booked by one customer for several persons, the appointment details show the name of the client who has booked the time slot and the number of persons chosen at the time of booking.
Setup and configuration
1. Purchase, download and activate Bookly Group Booking (Add-on) in Plugins.
2. Go to Services, click > tab and set a Capacity value for each service to determine the min and the max number of customers that each service can accommodate.
One booking per time slot allows you to limit the possibility of booking within the service capacity to one time.
Example: service capacity is min – 2, max – 6. If there is a booking for 2 customers, this time slot will be blocked for further booking, and no one will be able to join existing customers.
3. You can also determine employee’s individual Capacity settings, different from the default values set in Services. Go to Staff members menu and click Services tab.
Staff capacity settings will always override capacity values set under service capacity settings. Service capacity settings will be used as default values for all new staff members you create.
4. You can show or hide the Number of persons field when placing a booking form on your website. If hidden, all appointments will be booked for one person per booking.
5. If you want to display information about time slot occupancy in a booking form, navigate to Appearance > Time tab, and check the box next to Show information about group bookings. Format for displaying should be set up in Settings > Group Booking.
Group Booking (Add-on) & Waiting List (Add-on)
If you have both Group Booking (Add-on) and Waiting List (Add-on) installed and activated, make sure you’ve enabled group booking in Settings. Otherwise, capacity value won’t be taken into account and clients will be put on the waiting list after the first booking is made.
Group Booking (Add-on) & Custom Duration (Add-on)
If a service with custom duration has a capacity of more than 1, then after the first booking of specific duration on selected time slot other customers will be able to book this time slot only if they select the same (existing) service length. If a customer's service length doesn’t match the duration of the existing booking, they will be offered the next free time slot.
Watch this video to learn how to set up capacity feature and accept group bookings with Bookly Group Booking (Add-on).
Try this demo to get a better understanding of how the Group Booking (Add-on) works.
Group Booking (Add-on) is available for purchase here.
Multiply Appointments (Add-on) – set number of identical back-to-back appointments.
Chain Appointments (Add-on) – select several services and get one time slot for back-to-back appointments.