With Zapier, you can connect Bookly to various cloud apps you use and create particular workflows to perform automations.
Currently, the following automations are available:
- New appointment
- New or updated appointment
- New customer
1. In Bookly Cloud section > Products, find Zapier, choose your subscription plan and click on Get started button on the right to switch on integration.
2. In the new popup window, click Go to settings (Bookly Cloud > Zapier) and follow instructions to connect your Bookly to Zapier:
1. If you have not already done so, sign up for Zapier.
3. In the Choose App & Event step search for the Bookly app and select it.
4. In the Choose Trigger Event dropdown choose a trigger and click Continue.
5. In the Choose Account step click Sign in to Bookly.
6. In the popup window enter the API Key from the settings (Bookly Cloud > Zapier) page, and click Yes, Continue.
7. Click Continue, then Test trigger and Continue.
8. Continue creating your Zap by selecting the options you'd like.
9. Finally, click Finish to create your Zap.
10. Once your Zap is created, make sure to toggle your Zap "on". It's now ready to go and will run automatically.
Creating a trigger that starts a Zap
Triggers are rules that you create to run automatic actions (like email notification) after specific events: when new bookings are made and updated, and new customers are created. All data available within a booking or in the customer’s profile can be used to set up your automations.
The number of zaps allowed depends on your Zapier plan.
How to connect Gmail
Here’s an example of how to create a Zap which sends an email notification in Gmail using data from the newly created appointment in Bookly.
If all steps from the instruction above were successful, your Bookly account will now be successfully connected. Once you’ve done steps 1-7 and tested your trigger, click Continue.
On the next step, in the Choose App field, search for Gmail, in the Choose Action Event select Send email.
Then choose a Gmail account you wish to connect. On the next step, customize your email inserting data from the list of available values.
And finally, test your Zap before you’re done editing it. Once your Zap is ready, turn it on.
To quickly get started, try some of the pre-made Zap templates. Remember that when you build automation, you can customize your template with the relevant appointment and customer information from Bookly.