Important: All add-ons for Bookly require Bookly Pro add-on installed and activated.
Clients can book a series of recurring appointments in one session: choose repetition interval, last date or the number of recurrences, and a series of time slots will be booked.
See this video to learn how to create recurring appointments with Bookly Recurring Appointments add-on.
Get the Recurring Appointments add-on here.
Recurring bookings can be made by clients on the front-end or by admin via backend.
- Allow the service to have recurring appointments and set the frequency of repeat
- Daily, weekly, or monthly repeat intervals
- Time slots booked as close to preferred time as possible
- Combined notifications for the series of bookings
Having chosen a service and date & time of the first appointment, the user now gets the option to repeat the appointment:
The time entered here will be used as the base time for all repeat appointments. If for one of the scheduled recurrences the time slot is unavailable, the nearest time after the preferred time will be offered for that instance.
If the user selected a staff member at the 1st step of booking, then all recurrences will be booked with the same staff member. If they kept the default ‘any’ staff member, then all staff members’ calendars will be checked for each instance, thus increasing the chances that the preferred time slot will be booked for the entire series of appointments.
- Daily — except selected employee’s days off and, if ‘any’ staff member was chosen at step 1, days of the week when none of the staff members is working;
- Monthly — multiple options of choosing the right date within the month
- Day of the month (e.g. on the 6th of each month)
- Day of the week (e.g. Tuesday of the second week of every month).
1. Purchase, download, install and activate add-on in Plugins.
2. Go to Bookly menu > Settings > Recurring Appointments. Choose one of the payment options:
- Pay for the first appointment — the rest will have to be paid upon arrival;
- Entire series.
The selected payment option will be presented as the only option to all users.
3. In Bookly menu > Appearance, make sure that the box next to the 'Show Repeat step' is checked.
4. If you have Bookly Group Booking add-on installed and activated, in Settings > Recurring Appointments > Group Appointments, choose whether your customers can join group bookings when scheduling a series of recurring bookings.
Add a whole series of recurring appointments from Calendar or Appointments in admin area: create new appointment and choose the recurrence pattern in the edit window.
Manage individual appointments or the entire series from the admin area: view, edit, and cancel them as you would with standard appointments.
Editing from admin area
Edit each instance of recurring appointments as usual: from calendar or list of appointments. Admin can delete recurring appointments one by one from admin area (and if needed recreate them with updated info).
Cancel appointments one by one or all starting with the instance selected.
To see and edit a series of recurring appointments, click on the icon in Bookly Calendar.
Manual confirmation: if by default bookings are made with a ‘pending’ status, admin can approve or reject the entire series.
If you wish you can join a community of translators who help us in Bookly localization. Join translation of Bookly and help us become closer and speak with you in your native language. Read more here.