Clients can now book a series of recurring appointments in one session: choose repetition interval, last date or the number of recurrences, and a series of time slots will be booked.
Recurring bookings can be made by clients at the frontend or by admin via backend.
- Allow the service to have recurring appointments and set the frequency of repeat
- Daily, weekly, or monthly repeat intervals
- Time slots booked as close to preferred time as possible
- Combined notifications for the series of bookings
Having chosen a service and date & time of the first appointment, the user now gets the option to repeat the appointment:
The time entered here will be used as the base time for all repeat appointments. If for one of the scheduled recurrences the time slot is unavailable, the nearest time after the preferred time will be offered for that instance.
If the user selected a staff member at the 1st step of booking, then all recurrences will be booked with the same staff member. If they kept the default ‘any’ staff member, then all staff members’ calendars will be checked for each instance, thus increasing the chances that the preferred time slot will be booked for the entire series of appointments.
- Daily — except selected employee’s days off and, if ‘any’ staff member was chosen at step 1, days of the week when none of the staff members is working;
- Monthly — multiple options of choosing the right date within the month
- Day of the month (e.g. on the 6th of each month)
- Day of the week (e.g. Tuesday of the second week of every month).
1. Purchase, download, install and activate.
2. Enable Recurring appointments in Settings.
3. Disable Cart in Settings > Cart — compatibility of cart and recurring appointments will be added in one of the upcoming updates.
4. Choose one of the payment options:
- Pay for the first appointment — the rest will have to be paid upon arrival;
- Entire series.
The selected payment option will be presented as the only option to all users.
Add a whole series of recurring appointments from Calendar or Appointments in admin area: create new appointment and choose the recurrence pattern in the edit window.
Manage individual appointments or the entire series from the admin area: view, edit, and cancel them as you would with standard appointments.
Editing from admin area: edit each instance of recurring appointments as usual: from calendar or list of appointments. Admin can delete recurring appointments one by one from admin area (and if needed recreate them with updated info).
Cancel appointments one by one or all starting with the instance selected.
In one of the upcoming updates, editing all recurring appointments in a series will also be implemented as well as the capability to edit one or all appointments booked as a recurring series.
Manual confirmation: if by default bookings are made in ‘pending’ status*, admin can approve or reject the entire series.
Try this demo (both frontend and backend versions) to get a better understanding of how the Recurring Appointments add-on works.
If you wish you can join a community of translators who help us in Bookly localization. Join translation of Bookly Recurring Appointments Add-on and help us become closer and speak with you in your native language.