With the Gifts Cards feature enabled, you can issue vouchers and offer them to your clients as a payment method in the Bookly booking form.
- Create customer-specific gift cards
- Generate gift cards for particular services or staff
- Instantly add a series of gift cards
- Set validity period
- Send a notification to the client or staff member about the purchased gift card
Each gift card has a certain predefined deposit that your customers can use at the time of booking. If the service price is less than the actual amount of the gift card, the remaining balance can still be used for other bookings.
1. In your Bookly Cloud account > Products, click on the Get started button near the Gift Cards.
2. Go to Settings > Payments in the Bookly menu, and enable the Gift Cards method.
3. Open the Gift Cards section in Bookly Cloud.
4. Create a new gift card by clicking on the Add gift card button.
Set up the following fields:
Code – a gift card code that can be used to pay for an appointment. Click Generate to generate a code automatically.
Amount – a balance that will be available on the gift card.
Services – you can choose for which services the gift card will be available.
Providers – you can choose for which staff members the gift card will be available.
Date limit (from and to) – limited period when the gift card can be used.
Limit appointments in cart (min and max) – min and max (optional) number of appointments required to apply a gift card. Leave these fields blank to set no restrictions.
Customer – if you select a specific customer here, the gift card will only be available for this customer.
Save the changes.
5. In the Email Notifications and/or SMS Notifications section, set up a Notification about new gift card creation.
The codes you can use in your notifications:
In the Appearance section > Step by step form > Payment tab, you can edit all underlined texts referred to this payment option.
Customers can use a single gift card multiple times if there is enough balance to pay for appointments. The remaining balance of each voucher is viewable in the Gift Cards table > Balance column.
Currently, the Gift Cards feature is supported in the classic step by step booking form only. This feature will become available in the new modern booking forms in the upcoming releases.
Bookly Cloud Products – explore our cloud services that work for your business.
Payments in Bookly – explore all payment options for your online booking form.
GOOD TO KNOW