With the Gifts Cards feature enabled, you can issue vouchers and offer them to your clients as a payment method in the Bookly booking form.
- Create customer-specific gift cards
- Generate gift cards for particular services or staff
- Sell gift cards online
- Instantly add a series of gift cards
- Set validity period
- Send a notification to the client or staff member about the purchased gift card
Each gift card comes with a predetermined deposit that your customers can use during the booking process. If the service price is lower than the total amount of the gift card, the remaining balance can be applied to future bookings.
1. In your Bookly Cloud account > Products, click on the Get started button near the Gift Cards.
2. Open the Gift Cards section in Bookly Cloud.
3. First, create a type of a gift card. Select the Card types tab. Click the Add gift card type button.
Title: The name of the card type.
Amount: The balance available on the gift card.
Date limit (from and to): The limited period during which the gift card can be used.
Services: You can choose for which services the gift card will be available.
Providers: You can choose for which staff members the gift card will be available.
Limit appointments in cart (min and max): The minimum and maximum (optional) number of appointments required to apply a gift card. Leave these fields blank to set no restrictions.
Automatically link a gift card to a customer: If enabled, any customer who purchases this gift card will be automatically associated with it. The gift card becomes exclusively tied to the buying customer, ensuring that it cannot be used by others.
Save the changes.
4. Once a gift card type is created, select the Cards tab. Click Add gift card.
Code: A gift card code that can be used to pay for an appointment. Click Generate to automatically generate a code.
Type: The card type that you created in step 4.
Customer: If you select a specific customer here, the gift card will only be available for that customer. If you enable the Send notifications option, the customer will be notified about the voucher they can use for booking. See below for how to set up the relevant notification.
Note: Notes for the gift card.
Save the changes.
5. In the Email Notifications and/or SMS Notifications section, set up a Notification about new gift card creation.
The codes you can use in your notifications:
6. In the Bookly menu, navigate Appearance > your booking from type > Payment tab. Enable the Show gift cards option and modify the texts if necessary. This option allows customers to make payments using gift cards.
7. You can provide gift cards in addition to the available services, allowing customers to purchase them via the booking form, and customize the card content if desired. Go to the Appearance section, choose one of the modern booking forms, and select the Display gift cards option.
Customers can purchase gift cards through your Bookly form using one of the available payment gateways. The 'Service paid locally' option is not applicable for gift cards.
Gift card settings
Use gift card for partial payment – if enabled, clients can split a payment if their gift card balance doesn't cover the entire appointment cost. This allows them to apply the gift card for part of the payment and use another available payment method for the remaining amount.
Default gift card mask – this is the format for your gift cards.
Customers can use a single gift card for multiple appointments as long as the balance is sufficient to cover the costs. The remaining balance of each voucher can be viewed in the Gift Cards table under the Balance column.
Payment reports provide detailed information about gift cards that have been used during the booking process.
Bookly Cloud Products – explore our cloud services that work for your business.
Payments in Bookly – explore all payment options for your online booking form.
GOOD TO KNOW