Text messages can be triggered by events within the plugin or scheduled to be sent out to clients and staff (see more).
Text messages will incur additional charges, which vary depending on the country of the sender.
1. In Bookly Cloud section, find Register button on the right side of the page. Enter your email address and password, click Register.
Your login details in Bookly SMS account may be different from your access to Bookly backend.
An email containing the confirmation code will be sent to your email address. Click on the Confirm email button and use it in the Confirmation code field to complete registration.
2. Click Get started button on the left to switch on the SMS Notifications service.
Account settings are available by clicking on your user name (email address) on the top of the page.
3. Click Recharge button to top up your balance with one of the standard amounts.
You may want to make sure you never run out of balance and your messages don’t get blocked. To do that, make sure you've enabled the auto-recharge setting (Account settings > Auto-recharge). When enabled, it will charge you the amount that you choose each time your balance falls below $10.
If you’d like to control your payments manually, you can always rely on the notifications the admin will be getting when your balance falls below $5.
In the Administrator phone field enter a valid mobile number in the international format.
Upon each balance replenishment, Bookly can automatically send an invoice to your PayPal email address.
Open Account settings > Invoice. Set it up by filling out the necessary details, check the Send invoice box, and click Save invoice settings.
Important: If you do not use the Bookly SMS Service or send any text messages for more than 12 months, all remaining credits on your account will be automatically zeroed.
4. To send scheduled notifications please execute the following command hourly with your cron:
wget -q -O - http://[your-domain]/wp-cron.php
We advise that you contact your hosting provider for assistance with setting it up. Also, pick the right hour for the notifications that will work best with your audience. We recommend a default of 8 pm for customers and around 1h or 30 min before clock off for staff members.
Read more about CRON setup in this article.
5. Choose notification types and build your messages. Write the copy, format it as you like, and add personalized data using variables in curly braces that you’ll see just below the text edit window.
If you plan on using scheduled notifications, choose what time scheduled notifications will be sent out under each type of notification you're building.
6. Custom Sender ID allows you to send messages from a personalized sender name. You can display your company or brand name. Prices for messages with custom sender ID are usually 20-25% higher than normal message price. Check the price list for more info.
Note that not all countries allow custom sender IDs. If custom sender ID is not supported in the destination country, the message will be sent using a generic number of the SMS gateway.
Text messages (SMS) can have as many symbols as you wish. If the texts of your notifications exceed the limit, the messages won’t be cut in two, but you will be charged twice as much. That’s why you may want to optimize the cost by cutting down on the number of symbols in your text message notifications.
Latin characters – 160 symbols fit in one message,
Any other characters (Cyrillic, Arabic, etc.) – 70 symbols fit in one message.
You can use this Online SMS Length Calculator to check the length of your message.
Overview of Notifications – see how you can schedule emails and what you can set as triggers for automated and personalized emails.
Personalization Codes – messages can include real appointment data among other types of personalized info.
GOOD TO KNOW
WPML Integration – lets you translate messages into 40+ languages.