Notifications to customers and to staff can be triggered by an event or scheduled to be sent a certain amount of time before or after the appointment.
Each type of notification can be sent via email and/or via text messages. Emailing is already included in the price of the plugin, but the text messages will incur additional costs, which will vary depending on the country.
Notifications to Customer - Triggered by an Event
1. New approved appointment - email/text message sent right after the user has completed the booking process and an appointment has been (automatically) approved.
2. New pending appointment - if you’ve enabled this feature, new appointments will be created in "pending" status, which means that each of them will have to be manually approved by the admin or staff member before being confirmed to the client. And this is the email that will be sent out when a new appointment has been created, but it’s still pending. Set up notification type #1 to let your clients know when you’ve approved the appointment.
3. Appointment cancelled (by admin or customer) - email/text message sent right after an appointment’s status has been changed to "cancelled" in the admin area or by the customer who clicked on "cancel appointment" link in their "new appointment" email. Read more on helping clients manage their appointments here.
4. New WordPress account details - if you want to let customers access their bookings online, you’ll have to automatically create WordPress accounts for them. There will be some more set-up to make it happen, but this is the email that will be automatically sending your clients their new WordPress login and password.
Note: When your clients misprinted their email address at the Details step of the booking process, they don’t receive automated booking confirmation emails. In order to manage undelivered emails, please check your sender’s mailbox for a ‘delivery failed’ messages.
Notification types 1 & 2 can also be used as combined notifications if you’re using the Cart bookings feature (book several appointments in one session, available with Cart Add-on for Bookly):
1. Go to Bookly menu > Settings > Cart and enable Cart. Go to Bookly menu > Settings > Customers and enable Combined notifications. This way, your clients will receive single notification for entire booking instead of separate notification per each booked appointment.
2. When choosing type of notification, go to “Combined” tab (invisible until you do step a.).
Notifications to Customer - Scheduled
You can configure the timing of notifications which are sent to all clients before the upcoming appointment and/or on the day of the appointment. Enable or disable each type of reminder and set the time you want it to be sent.
Notifications to Staff - Triggered by an Event
New approved appointment or New pending appointment - send either of these to individual members of your staff when they’ve got a new appointment.
Choose the “New approved appointment” if all new appointments are automatically approved (by default),
or the “New pending appointment” if you’ve enabled the manual approvals feature and you want individual staff members that have been assigned to each appointment to review it before it’s confirmed to the customer. This email can contain a link that will automatically change the status of an appointment to “approved” (and trigger notification #1).
Notifications to Staff - Scheduled
Next day agenda - a copy of next-day appointments with info on clients and appointment details; can be sent out every day at a time that you set up for all staff.
Custom Notifications – create your own templates for emails and text messages.
Email Setup – general settings required to enable any of the email types.
Text Message (SMS) Setup – set up your Bookly SMS account needed to send out text messages.
GOOD TO KNOW
Online Access to Bookings - clients can review and cancel bookings online, too.
Staff Access to WP Dashboard - let staff into a stripped down version of admin area with their calendar.