Services are the types of appointments customers will be able to book.
They can be provided by all staff or only by specific team members.
Group services into Categories, which customers will be able to choose from before they choose a service. For the plugin to function properly, each service must sit in a category, which means that you'll need to create at least one (default) category and put all services in it.
Create and edit categories and services from your WordPress dashboard > Services.
Properties of Services
- Color (just to the right from the title) will color-code appointments of this service in the calendar in your dashboard. The color will not be shown to your clients at any point.
- Visibility - use "public" by default. The "private" setting is for the times when you need to take down a previously active service.
- Price will be shown to the client during booking for their review and confirmation of the booking. Setting the price here does not require that you set up online payment because you can give clients the option of offline payment, too.
- Capacity means the number of people who can book the same appointment. Think of yoga class, with a dozen of individuals booking an appointment, each for themselves. You can set the minimum and maximum capacity for each service.
- Duration is the length of an appointment. You can set it from 5 minutes to 7 days*.
As of v11.7, each time during booking, the length of the day can be divided into slots with the length of the selected service. Which means that there are no gaps left at the beginning/end of the day. To enable this feature, go to Bookly Settings > General.
*Appointments longer than one day are available as of v13.2.
- Padding time will determine a short time period around an appointment used for clean-up, preparation, or just rest. That time cannot be used for another booking.
- Providers will be your staff members that clients will be able to choose from as the person providing the service. A service has to be assigned to at least one provider in order to appear in the Service drop-down menu in the booking form.
- Info is basically a field for you to write any kind of text in and then have it automatically used in notifications to clients, booking form wording etc.
Publish Booking Form on One or Several Pages of One Website.
GOOD TO KNOW
Service Extras Add-On lets you offer extra treatments or products for an additional price during the booking process.
Multiply Appointments Add-On is for the times when you need to let your clients decide how long of an appointment they want.
Don't have a copy of the plugin yet? Learn how to install it.